★ Join us at 11am Mountain Time ★
What is Movement Mass?
Movement Mass is a weekly dance event developed by Melissa Michaels. Rooted in the 5Rhythms®, she has offered this dance in Colorado and other places around the world for more than 30 years. Click to learn more or join our in-person version of Movement Mass.
Each week, we join together in community to remember our wholeness and to amplify our sacred work in these times of great change. We are online now. Join us!
A note about Movement Mass Proceeds
We welcome your contributions, your social networking, even your open-source music. We would love for this work to be available to any and all who want to join in on this movement.
And if you are able to contribute more than the requested donation, even in these rocky times, we would be grateful. Golden Bridge is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Every penny goes directly to the young leaders ready to show up and serve in these times.
For decades, the proceeds from Movement Mass have significantly helped us tend to hundreds of emerging leaders around the world, many of whom live in financially under-resourced communities. Their day-to-day lives are extremely challenging. They are leaders for all of us, brilliant and resilient. Together, our work is rippling out through many of these embodied global leaders, everywhere from Pine Ridge to South India, from the Congo to Rocinha in Brazil, from Baltimore to borders in the Middle East. Many of you know these lightworkers. We remain dedicated to working in alliance with these beloved students/colleagues, near and far. The resources from Movement Mass help make that possible.
Read some of our Stories of Impact & Resilience to learn what your funds are supporting.
Above all, come. Let’s be together in the dance!
“I never want this to end! It’s so….powerful!”
– Amias (4 years old)
“I danced with you yesterday from my son’s hospital room as he slept. It was exquisite to practice with YOU and to dance a full Wave, on Sunday morning, in this small and strange space I’m in. I loved every bit of it and wish this had been available for the past 7 months! Thank you for your efforts. It carried me through the day.”
– Dayna S.
If you feel called to donate to this work, we welcome your support and partnership:
You can experience a recent Online Movement Mass here:
(We have made three versions of the online dance available on our YouTube Movement Mass Playlist for you to enjoy at any time.)
Movement Mass Online ~ Guidelines
In this online space, we have a few simple requests to make the event safe for everyone:
- We request that everyone come to Movement Mass fully dressed. This allows people of all cultures to feel included and respected.
- Please keep your computer Zoom camera on as much as possible (Bottom left of zoom screen). It helps us stay more connected to one another!
- Please do not photograph or record the event in any way. This is our private space.
Join us online!
- Sign up will be via Eventbrite (link above). The dance begins at 11am Mountain Time. We will let everyone in from the waiting room when it begins.
Payment for Movement Mass. All are welcome!
- We are offering Online Movement Mass to all who want to dance. We offer a sliding scale. Please consider your capacity to contribute. No one will be turned away who cannot pay at this time. Proceeds serve to support community members in need around the world. Movement Mass standard sliding scale is $12-$18. You can read more about what we are doing with Movement Mass donations above.
Preparing to dance.
- Set up a space where you and yours can move and dance freely.
- Wear clothes you can move in! Have a water bottle close by to stay hydrated.
How to work with Zoom.
- Ways to see the screen: Speaker view and Gallery view (top right of zoom screen). You can switch between the two. Gallery view is recommended when we are dancing, so we can see and dance with each other!
- Issues: Please click on the CHAT feature on the bottom bar in the middle to report any technical issues. We address them as rapidly as possible during the event. Please also feel free to chat where you are in the world along with sharing your experience of the Movement Mass.
- If you have an external speaker feel free to connect it to your computer or phone so the music is louder!
Thank you for honoring our guidelines. We welcome your suggestions, questions, and needs.
Please feel free to send us an email with your inquiries.
Thank you for dancing with us!