WITH MELISSA MICHAELS & FRIENDS
SUNDAYS, 11am – 12noon (doors at 10:30am)
Sign up and details below
We move to liberate the pent up and the powerful parts of ourselves.
We move to connect with our vulnerabilities and our vast creative intelligence.
Together in collaborative community, we move to explore the spaces within and between us.
We move together to heal, to awaken, and to embody our soul’s authentic ways.
We move so that we can activate the mighty forces of goodness, truth, and beauty that long to be expressed through us.
We move because these times require that we mobilize.
No dance experience is necessary, only a longing to move with life in authenticity and love.
✮ Important Details ✮
Before dancing with us in these times, please take these steps:
1) Please read our Movement Mass Guidelines →
2) Please sign the Golden Bridge 2023 Waiver (Once per year) →
3) Please read our current Covid guidelines →
4) Please pre-register using one of the buttons below ↓
★ Online registration closes at 8:30am Sunday mornings ★
June 4 – Avalon
June 11 – Avalon
June 18 – Avalon
June 25 – Avalon
July 2 – Avalon
July 9 – Avalon
July 16 – Avalon
July 23 – Avalon
July 30 – Avalon
August 6 – Avalon
August 13 – Avalon
August 20 – Avalon
August 27 – Avalon
More dates t.b.a. closer-to
Time: 11am – 12noon
(doors at 10:30am)
Fee: $18-$24 sliding scale
($20-24 at the door)
Additional tax-deductible donations are always welcome.
On occasion, our SomaSource trained leaders will guide Movement Mass in Melissa’s absence.
Current Covid Protocols for Movement Mass
Let’s work together to create a safe and sustainable way to all be back in the dance together. Thank you for considering the whole community and our intention to create an inclusive space.
In that spirit, please come only if you are in good health. Please do not come if you have tested positive for Covid in the last 10 days, if you have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for Covid in the last 5 days, or if you have any cold or flu symptoms of any kind.
If you need to cancel due to health, we would like to offer you a comp for a future Movement Mass, offer you a refund, or invite you to donate to our youth fund.
Masks are encouraged but not required.
Thank you for working together to create a safe and spirited next cycle of dancing!
Movement Mass Guidelines
The following guidelines have been developed through decades of shared experience. They aim to help keep us safe and connected during our short time dancing together each week.
1) We are committed to ensuring that Movement Mass is an inclusive and anti-oppressive event for everyone who comes in goodwill, regardless of race, culture, religion, age, gender, gender expression or identity, ability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, place of origin, or marital status. Please be mindful of your intentional and unintentional contributions to this space. We want ALL dancers to feel safe and welcome here.
2) Please arrive by 10:45am – We aim to begin and end together. If you are late, please plan to come the next time.
3) We require dancers to sign the Movement Mass waiver every year. If you have not yet signed the waiver for the current year, you must do so before the dance begins.
4) Movement Mass is a sober and substance-free dance environment!
5) This is a media-free zone. Recording and photography of any kind, including cell phones, cameras, recorders, etc. are not allowed during this event. Consensual photos with friends, before or after, are welcome.
6) Please be culturally sensitive in your clothing choices. We require that everyone FULLY cover their erogenous zones. All genders, please wear a shirt. This honors different cultural norms along with creating equity for all.
7) Although most of us dance in bare feet, we understand that some people need shoes for support. Socks alone are not permitted for safety reasons. If you need to wear shoes, please have appropriate indoor dance footwear and watch your step for others’ safety.
8) No gum chewing (ever) while on the dance floor. Again, safety.
9) No strong perfumes or essential oils. Out of respect for our dancers who are chemically sensitive, we request that people refrain from wearing strong scents.
10) At this time, unfortunately, we are not yet able to welcome the children. We look forward to doing so and will let you know when we see a clear path forward. If you, or someone you know, is interested in running a concurrent children’s dance/event, please reach out to our office, office@GoldenBridge.org. We would love to set a children’s program into motion once again.
11) We have a highly-trained support team in the room each week. These gifted leaders wear purple ribbons for identification. They may approach you to see if you seem to be moving through a process that could use some support. Feel free to let them know what you need, from space to contact.
12) In order to create a clear space for people with different needs, this is a contact-free dance space. Please do not touch another person in the dance unless you have asked permission to do so. If someone is in the midst of a process, your contact could be helpful or highly disruptive. Consider carefully if it is your need or the other person’s need when you reach out.
If we sense that our approach is not working for you, we will work together with you to find a path forward.
Thank you for honoring our guidelines. We welcome your suggestions, questions, and needs. Please feel free to leave us a note in our suggestion box on the front Movement Mass Welcome Table. Please include your name and contact information so that we can dialogue with you directly.
Thank you for dancing with us!