Overview of Training Requirements and Schedule
Students will need to have completed the following by the summer of 2020:
- STC: Two Surfing The Creative Programs, or comparable programs with Melissa
- Gender Work: One Gender weekend Journey (or longer) with Golden Bridge (Ex. Shakti Sisterhood, Women’s Blossom Project, Divine Siblinghood, Benevolent Brotherhood, or comparable programs)
- Depth Work: Dance of Adolescence, Youth On Fire, Ground of Being, Breath of Intimacy or at least one other relevant depth work with Melissa
- Foundations Work: SomaSource Online Foundation Course (Recordings will be accessible Nov 1 – Dec 31, 2019. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.)
- Social Justice Series: Online courses applying social justice theory and framework to SomaSource principals (Jan-June 2020)
- SomaSource Leadership Courses: Embodied Leadership, Anatomy, Music, Ritual, Ethics, Shadow Work, and Social Entrepreneurship (Jan-June 2020)
- Project: Project development or personal reflection on SomaSource as it applies to your work (February 2019 – August 2020)
- 10-day Required Completion: Life Cycle Workshop + Practitioner’s Closing Process & Graduation (July 2020)
- Mentoring Work: As needed, additional direct mentoring work with Melissa and the Golden Bridge team (through December 2020)
The SomaSource Competencies can be used as a guide to understand the content of the material covered in the training. The Competencies Self-Evaluation is required for all practitioners.
The following Bibliographies can be used as a reference for the readings:
- Emotional Literacy Bibliography
- Life Cycle Bibliography
- Rites of Passage Bibliography
- Social Justice Bibliography
- Somatic Intelligence Bibliography
The group of students that choose this training path will become the second cohort of SomaSource Practitioners and will be scheduled to graduate in the Summer of 2020.
SomaSource Leadership Courses will be held the first Wednesday of each month. Each course will address one of the following topics: Embodied Leadership, Anatomy, Music, Ritual, Ethics, Shadow Work, and Social Entrepreneurship. Many of these courses will be collaboratively taught by Melissa and leaders in the community.
The third Wednesday of each month will host a 6-part Social Justice Series. We ALL will be required to participate in these classes.
These classes will be integrative, taught by many inspired leaders in our community. More information and details about the course series and instructors will come. For now, please save the dates for all courses:
→ 2019/2020 Online Dates ~ All times are Wednesdays 11am-1pm MST via Zoom except January 22nd. See below.
- November 13th ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ Orientation and Q&A (Optional)
- January 8th ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ SomaSource Leadership Course
- January 22nd* ~ 10am-1pm MST ~ Social Justice Course with Dara Burwell
*Special 3-hour course
- February 5th ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ SomaSource Leadership Course on Ethics
- February 19th ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ Social Justice Course with Ramon and Michelle Gabrieloff-Parish
- March 4th ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ SomaSource Leadership Course on Anatomy
- April 1st ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ SomaSource Leadership Course on Rhythm
- April 15th ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ Social Justice Course with Clay Fong
- May 6th ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ SomaSource Leadership Course on Ritual
- May 20th ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ Social Justice Course with Paul Hill
- June 3rd ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ SomaSource Leadership Course on Social Entrepreneurship
- June 18th ~ Thurs 11am-1pm MST ~ Social Justice Course with Dr. Anneliese Singh
*Please note that this class has been rescheduled on a Thursday
- July 1st ~ Wed 11am-1pm MST ~ Social Justice Course with Dr. Maria Michael
Total Training: $1200
$300-450 – Online courses: SomaSource Foundations 2019 ($150) and SomaSource Leadership + Social Justice Series 2020 ($150-300 sliding scale)
$900 – 10-day Required Completion: Pure Dance/Life Cycle Workshop + Practitioner’s Closing Process & Graduation (July 2020)
Each student will receive project and personal mentoring at no additional charges during this training process. Each person is guaranteed one private session with Melissa along with ongoing support from the Golden Bridge leadership teams, as available.